Thursday, June 29, 2006

suga boogie

That what we've been calling her lately. Of course I've also turned her nickname into like 5 different songs. Here's one - Heeeeeeeeyyyyyy suga booogie, duh dun un duh da.... then it repeats a lot until Suga boogie - Suga Boogie - Heeeyyyy suga boogie....

Now don't I sound smart!

In the mornings when I'm taking her to daycare, I sing to her all the way there. Well it only takes about 5 minutes but she seems to enjoy listening to me as she plays with the little bugs attached to her car seat. Not real bugs - toy bugs

Monday a.m. was her Dr. appt - she weighed 16 lbs 1 oz, which was about 50th percentile, and her height, although I don't remember what the amount was, was still about 75th percentile. So that's all normal - but then the Dr. was listening to her heart and said he thought she had a 'premature heartbeat.' He referred us to a pediatric cardiologist for more testing but also said we should go get an EKG that day. So we went over to the hospital - Lauren was a great patient. They attached like 12 electrodes to her chest, side, tummy and legs. We had to hold her arms and legs down for a little while so she wouldn't pull off the wires. She was so good, she did not even fuss about it! She just looked at us like we were crazy. She only whined for about 2 seconds when we started pulling off the adhesive tabs that held the electrodes on. That could have gone a lot worse!

Finally today the EKG results were read, and her Dr. called to say she has premature atrial contraction (PAC) and that we should still see the cardiologist next week and they would do some imaging or something to make sure there's nothing wrong with her heart. I looked it up on the internet and it seems that in most cases, there's no reason for worry. So I'm not worrying about it!!

No comments: