That's what we had this past week. Well first Lauren had it, but her case was pretty mild compared to ours - she just threw up a couple of times and didn't want to eat for about a day. But then I got it, and I swear it was the most sick I've ever been. I couldn't keep ANYTHING down and after about a full day/night of hanging out in the bathroom, Richie took me to the Dr. and they gave me a shot of phenergen? to make me stop throwing up. I still didn't want to eat for another 2 days though! Sure enough he got it the next day - I was mobile enough to take him to urgent care, where they gave him the same shot, plus 2 bags of IV fluids. Geez - we were one pitiful bunch!! I felt so guilty that for those 3 days or so, I wasn't a good interactive parent like I normally try to be. But in a way, this week kinda seems like another rite of passage into motherhood. Real motherhood - not just having the baby, but having the baby throw up on you.
Lauren is asymmetrical now - 3 teeth on the bottom vs. 2 on top. That 3rd one popped through sometime during our ill streak. She's starting to take more notice of the pets. Lately she gets pretty excited whenever Hattie comes near her, especially when she's in the exersaucer and can almost grab her. She'll kind of squeal at Hattie too - it's so cute!
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The sickest you'll ever be is when you catch something from your kids. The upside is your immunity will boost itself after a couple of those and then you'll be Supermom...the one that doesn't catch anything!!!
Post a Comment