Yeah I know it's been awhile. I've been looking forward to a really momentous 100th post. We'll see how it goes.
So seriously I did the formula in Excel and it is 288 days after I first went on bedrest. That sounds crazy. Lauren is a wonderful 8 1/2 months old and is surprising us every day. We are both so proud of her! She's been saying "dada" quite a bit. Logic doesn't work on her, obviously. I mean, I keep explaining to her the sacrifices I've been through on her behalf and she's just not having it. Richie loves it though. Most mornings when I'm getting ready for work, I can hear her playing with Richie babbling dadadadada over and over again. I used to try to drown her out by saying "mmamamamama" while she was doing that, but I've finally given up.
Today we had to take her to the hospital for some imaging stuff. She had a bad UTI like 2 weeks ago and the drs. wanted to get an ultrasound of her kidneys and xrays of her bladder. I swear she was so good for the ultrasound. Of course the bladder thing really made her mad, but it involved getting a catheter and that's never fun! But after she came home and took a nap, she was in the best mood again! The radiologist said she has Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) which is reflux of urine from her bladder to her kidney (it's happening only on one side) but I guess we'll have to wait and see what her Drs. say the treatment should be. Unfortunately I think that won't be our last trip to Imaging. But overall she really did handle it well.
I shouldn't write this, because it probably constitutes a major jinx, but Lauren does so great in public! She keeps an eye on everyone around and generally entertains herself. But I'm sure it won't be too long before she treats me like some of the poor parents I see toting around screaming children in Target, so I never give them bad looks or anything.
Tomorrow Lauren and I are heading to Cola for my sister's baby shower. Her baby girl is due Oct. 13th. I'm looking forward to Lauren having a cousin close to her age and not so far away! I always loved spending time with my cousins during the summer, but Pensacola is sorta a long haul!
Well lemme take this baby to bed - she just crashed on the couch while I was typing this. I'll leave you with a pic of me and her reading the German version of the Very Hungry Caterpillar. (Thanks Nadine!!) Lauren likes my funny pronunciation! Ok nevermind - I'm having problems with blogger posting my pictures. I'll try again soon!
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes, it'sa long haul to Pensacola, but we are SO worth the trip!!!!
Post a Comment