We took Lauren for her 1yr checkup this week, although she is now 13 months. From the moment we got into the exam room, Lauren screamed. She screamed before the nurse even touched her, when the nurse tried to weigh her, when the nurse tried to measure her head and her length, when the doctor came in, when he tried to use the stethoscope, when he looked in her ears, the whole time basically. At one point, we even had to laugh at the hopelessness we felt, knowing whatever we tried, we could not make her stop. The doctor took me into his office to discuss her development while poor Richie stayed with her for her shots. I could hear her still screaming 2 offices away. As we were talking, he mentioned that at her age, she would be starting to throw temper tantrums. I was like "you think???!" The moment we left the doctors' office, she was perfectly happy. Her tantrums at home are much more mellow - if I tell her no, she'll cry instantly, and maybe she'll even lay down on the floor. But they only last a minute or so, then she'll move on to something else.
I shouldn't only write about bad stuff, so I'll also say something cute. I'm so proud of how much she likes books. So often, I'll see her on the floor, among a hundred toys, flipping the pages of one of her books, or one of our magazines. I think she'll turn into quite a reader!
So here are her stats - 20lbs (25th percentile), 30.5 inches (75th percentile)
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment