Today I get to stay home with Lauren instead of going to work. Awesome! Unfortunately that does not mean we slept in! Oh well, one day... But we are having fun nonetheless. Earlier we were playing "Giddy up horsey" I swear it is as fun for me as it is for her, even though I'm the horsey :) She was giving big time smiles. Now she's chilling in her swing, kicking her legs and playing with toys, and looking over at me every few minutes and smiling. Next it will be time for "moo cow" - maybe I can get a good picture of that. And of course we'll be spending time on the front porch swing and we'll also take a walk around the neighborhood. Well that will be after she wakes up - she just fell asleep.
Tomorrow we're going to take a giant leap further into parenthood and buy a minivan. Hehe. I'm so excited!! I'll be sad to get rid of the Altima though, I kinda miss it already. So many memories - Two weeks after I got it, I bumped someone in rush hour traffic on I-77. A couple of months later, I hit a deer on a dark two lane road in the middle of Nowhere SC, then two weeks later it was stolen from a parking lot uptown. It was gone for about 3 weeks, and right before I was going to get a new one, it was found wrecked and abandoned, and full of all sorts of questionable items. I remember Richie going with me to the impound lot, and both of us being in disbelief about the stuff we were pulling out of it!! A few months after I got it back, I was at a client in Charleston and their parking lot gate malfunctioned and closed on my car with a vengeance, banging my roof twice, real hard. The next summer, someone ran into it in another parking lot while I was at work, but someone wrote down the license plate of the car that hit me and left a note on my windshield. Of course it turned out that car was stolen too!! Later I also needed a new windshield, but I don't remember how that one got cracked. One time my brother and I were visiting Grandma when she was in a rehab center briefly (not drug rehab, physical rehab!!) and got a flat tire in the parking lot. Once we changed to the spare and got it patched, the guy said it would be $4 for the patch, but another $4 to put the tire back on, so we jacked it up again there at the gas station and put the wheel back on ourselves! I don't know why we were feeling so cheap that day! About a year ago someone ran into me during the morning commute, and I got a new rear bumper, but it has looked a little crooked ever since. Once I left the sunroof open and didn't realize it until the next morning, when the interior was way soaked from the all-night rain. Hehe I think my Altima was kind of my bad luck deflector, because even though all that bad stuff happened to my car, nothing bad happened to me!
Friday, April 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a story...If only cars could talk. It could make a fortunes on an ANUTObiography hehehe...ANYWAY good luck with the minivan. I want one SO bad, but Jodie just isn't ready for that yet...
ok,totally meant AUTO biography...you should always preview these things...
HA! My minivan is sooo coool. I love it - I really can't believe how well it drives!
Perhaps you should drive it down to Florida and back...That should break it in!
Post a Comment