Thursday, June 05, 2008

americana / the many wonders of missouri

So Dad sent a few little gems from his pda once he got to Bozeman Montana last night. Dad has visited a few national treasures thus far - like the Badlands and Little Bighorn... and he drove pretty close to Mt Rushmore, but said it was tackier than the tackiest part of Myrtle Beach and turned back around - so think really campy souvenir shops and awfully cheap and old and, I'd have to assume, musty motels.

Ok so there's all of that special stuff, and then.... he went to the Home of Sliced Bread - Chillicothe Missouri


Oh, and he went to a Ginourmous Goose - haven't figured out where he saw this yet...


Let's not slight the amazingly large pecan - I'm going to have to google this stuff to find out where it came from!


So once you have seen the awesomeness above, don't you think the Badlands seem kinda boring?? (I'm just assuming this picture is of the Badlands, cuz it looks BAD)


Oh here we go - found all this on google - Dad needs an assistant

Giant goose (Actually World's Largest Goose) is from Sumner Missouri
http://www.worldslargestthings.com/missouri/goose.htm

That was also the World's Largest Pecan, which made its home in Brunswick Missouri.
http://www.worldslargestthings.com/missouri/pecan.htm

I am all in all pretty amazed at what Missouri has to offer - I mean, they had me at the sliced bread!!!

And here's the total list of Worlds Largest Items in Missouri:

Ball of String, Branson - Wait I went to Branson and missed this!!! I did catch an Elvis impersonator show though!
Pecan, Brunswick
Inland Lighthouse, Hannibal - an inland lighthouse? why?
Shuttlecock, Kansas City - Wow
Ball of Video Tape, Kansas City
Gas Pump, King City
Baseball, Licking
Ark, St. Charles
Set of Teeth, St. Louis
Underwear, City Museum St. Louis
Bowling Pins, St. Louis
Vess Bottle, St. Louis
Paper Cup, Springfield
Goose, Sumner
8 Ball, Tipton
Praying Hands, Webb City
Ball of String, Weston

1 comment:

nikki webb said...

Laughing like Beavis at the world's largest shuttlecock....our dads really dig all this "Americana". I guess they are brothers, after all