



Dad got back on Sat - so did Jeff, sort of, until he missed a few flights and didn't show up at my place until Sunday. Ryan finally got a job - which is awesome - yay Ryan. So it's back to normal stuff on my blog...
On Saturday Richie and I took Lauren to the Carolina Raptor Center, which helps rehabilitate birds of prey, and if they can't be released back into the wild, you can walk around their nature trails and see the birds in their aviaries or netted off areas. Here's a few interesting pics from that trip.
At the exhibits, there's a little plaque in front of each one that tells what happened to that raptor and why it can't be released. The first owl above, whose name is Omar, had the most unique story. I mean, any old owl could be hit by a truck or shot or whatever, but Omar was just depressed. He came from some other nature preserve or something, where he had lost interest in life. It seemed he only was happy being around people, so now he lives at the Raptor Center, sees people all the time, goes to do presentations at schools, and is loving life. Too much.

4 comments:
What a great picture of Richie and Lauren!
Dad
Omar is a depressed owl who loves people??? How funny! Did Dr. Doolittle diagnosis him?
I made sure to talk to him lots in case the diagnosis was correct. Luckily there was nobody else around. Like "Hi Omar you are such a pretty little owl - are you doing well today? I hear you visit schools, how are you liking that??..."
Poor Omar! Love it though - I'd cuddle with that owl, and I generally don't cuddle with fowl of any type.
Post a Comment