Sunday, May 28, 2006

dirt

Target has these great t-shirts I really like, and I've been buying every color they have in my size. I go to Target all the time anyway so it's not like a totally freakshow thing that I keep buying the same shirt over and over again. Anyways my favorite color is called "dirt". I love it - it's kind of a faded medium brown.

So today I put on my dirt shirt because I was planting the container garden for our deck. Dirt - Dirt - get it? Ok it would make more sense if the color was called Miracle Gro Potting Soil but whatever. This is definitely the latest I have ever waited to plant flowers on the deck and hanging baskets on the front porch. Normally I would have done this about a month ago. As luck would have it, I ran out of dirt before I ran out of flowers to plant. But even without all the flowers planted, the deck is looking lively again! Whenever I reload on soil I'll post a picture. I love dirt! I didn't even wear gloves or use a trowel - just got all the dirt under my fingernails.

I tried to get Lauren to smell the dirt, but she wasn't havin' it. She was making the bbbb sound, but lately she uses that one when she's mad. We'll be like - oh no, it's the bbbs - what did we do to deserve the bbbs? It gets more attention than crying because it seems much more emphatic.

Oh and also Lauren likes mushed up bananas. Her daycare teachers said she is the best eater in the class. And they meant it in a nice way, not like 'your daughter is a biggie piggy'. She'll just open her mouth and let you put the food in, instead of trying to grab the spoon and block the feeding attempt. And she keeps saying 'mmm' between bites, which could mean "I hate bananas" but until she can say those words, I will assume she means yummy!

No comments: