I am very proud to announce the arrival of... a Jury Duty Summons!!! Hoooray! I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, ooooh ooohh oooh ohh ohhhhhooo (cue the Phil Collins). Actually this moment occurred like 2 weeks ago but I have been too busy to relish it beyond the initial jumping up and down (gently). My jury duty is supposed to start Monday and last for 5 days. 5 days is like jury duty GOLD as far as I am concerned.
Sure, I see a few potential issues here. One is that I am hugely pregnant and they might consider me disabled or otherwise unfit. Two is how sad would I be if I get to BE on the jury and then I like go into labor or something and then I have to be released from my duties as juror number w/e. Three is that there's the possibility I go into labor on Monday, miss showing up for jury duty, and get a warrant or something. Lots of options here; overall I'm staying excited. However, if it all goes poorly, and I don't get to serve, and have to come back to work on Tuesday, I will be sad and will prefer that noone talk to me about it.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment