OK - so I blogged about the 1st 3 episodes so far, and have mentioned there are 2 mousy looking girls that I've been mixing up. First I wasn't even sure there were 2 different girls, and then I had to pay close attention and figured it out at the beginning of the 3rd episode, but then during the episode I was still saying to myself - wait - is that the one who...? Blah blah blah
I have a problem with paying close attention sometimes, this especially happens when I meet people and then later all I can remember is something weird about them, like their shoes were untied or something, and have no idea what their name was. And you know it's a big Last comic standing-type joke about people not being able to tell other people apart if they are a different race. So this telling people apart concept has been stuck in my head a lot recently, but doesn't apply in this situation because these girls are pasty white with long brown hair.
Incidentally, there about 3 kids in Lauren's daycare class whose names I do not know. Everyday at least one of them will say hello or hug my leg or something and I'll be like "Hey Kid!" and look at the teacher and say, "which one is that?" Invariably, I'm already thinking "Did I remember the raisins" or "Is today snowcone day?" or something else different when she responds with their name and I'm left ONCE AGAIN not knowing Kid's name. Then later at home I'll ask Lauren "who did you play with today?" to try to figure out some of their names and the combination of her not perfect pronunciation and my afore-mentioned name deficiency leaves me confused. Is there a kid in there named Madden or was she trying to say Maggie? I think that one girl who always runs over and hugs Lauren when we come in is named Maggie. Anyway...
I was blog surfing and found a project runway blog and the way more runway-obsessed blogger made the following comments from the 3rd epsiode
First stop: Columbus Circle. Suede, Daniel, and the two white girls who I can’t tell apart disembark. One of the girls is a “Silent Fashion Assassin”, and the other has some connection to “Salvador Dali”. Or maybe one’s a “Salvador Fashion Assassin” and the other is a “Silent Dolly”. Like I said, I can’t tell them apart.
What!! He can't tell them apart!! It's practically his JOB to tell them apart because HE blogs minute by minute whereas I do a lame overall impression recap thing. But I feel so VALIDATED! Maybe I've been beating myself up unneccessarily - random blog dude has the same problem I do! And so do 5 of his commenters!

No comments:
Post a Comment