Here are a couple that Jeff took while I was trying to help Lauren out of a complete meltdown: (In the first one, De-Da is striking a GQ pose on a plane he used to fly, in the bottom one, De-Da is pointing to his name on the exhibit.)
Other trip highlights, no particular order:
When we got there, 4 of my cousins and their families were at Aunt Ann and Uncle Jack's house. (Missed you, Betsy and John!) Valecia asked how old I was now and I felt weird saying 32. I remember thinking how old they were when they were probably less than 30. LOL. Lauren was thrilled to be out of the car and had lots of fun playing with the kids. Plus Nonni knows how to throw a party - lots of good food and fun!
Awesome beach condo - another VRBO.com find. We had a great place across from the beach, so Lauren had a few nice trips to the beach complete with sand sculptures and general tomfoolery.
Big highlight was the weather - 70-75 degrees every day and very little rain. Score! I didn't pack enough short sleeve shirts though, if some of you are wondering why Lauren and I kept wearing the same thing :)
I got to spend a bit of time with Nikki and her family and enjoyed hanging out with her kids Ella and Joseph. Ella and Lauren were quite the cute duo when we went out to eat at the hibachi joint our last night there. They are only one month apart and are both prone to a little bit of drama :)
It was great seeing everyone! Now some of you should come visit the Carolinas!

3 comments:
sweet pic of DeDa and the Hellcat. I think Jodie and I may spend a week up in Hiawassee GA this summer. How long of a drive is that from you guys?
It looks like it's not too far from Robbinsville (where your Dad and mine like to relive their youthful days) so I'd say about 4 hrs. Can you believe it is so far?? I wish it was a LOT closer!
Maria and I penned a haiku for you:
columbia sucks
meet in the middle next time
less crying in car
Post a Comment