Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Surprise diagnosis

Can you even get strep throat, after, like, middle school? I thought it was something you gain immunity from, like chicken pox? Alls I know is this illness has knocked my A out!! I was pretty convinced I had the flu for the past two days, and then I woke up around 5:30 this morning with my throat on fire! I can barely function - it's like I have full body strep. So I went to the family dr. this morning to get it in check.

Yesterday I had called my OB's office to ask their opinion on whether I should come in to be checked out since I was running a fever and sweating like a horse, my skin hurt, etc. They were like don't bother - we can't do anything about the flu. To which I replied, sure, but what if it's swine flu?? To which the nurse responded, well if you have swine flu, we don't want you coming in here!

Ok, well that was pretty funny, however, I had already watched about 6 episodes of Tori and Dean that day, and was expecting a more sympathetic OB like Tori Spelling's. She asks him things like, can the baby's fingernails scratch through the placenta, then my uterus, then puncture like my kidney or something then I will have internal bleeding?" I don't feel like swine flu was too too irrational - because who the hell has flu symptoms in June? Only poor, pregnant me!!

Ugh I'm sweating right now... when will this go away?

Upside... since I've been trapped at the house, I got the cable guys to come fix this crap - I swear Oxygen was the only channel we got for like a week. Not that I wouldn't have watched Tori and Dean anyway, whatevs!

1 comment:

nikki webb said...

strep sucksssssss....the upside is it gets better quickly after you start the meds. hope you feel better soon!!