Sunday, August 02, 2009

Day 5 - Springer, Springer!

It's been years since I could stomach watching Jerry Springer. Does it still come on? I used to watch it every day during the summer after my freshman year. But once in awhile I'll witness something funny and have a funny pining feeling for my once favorite show.

Scene: Defendant represents himself (Bad Idea Jeans right); I'm selected for the jury; The plaintiff is spiteful toward the defendant, who has lost total control of the cross-examination at this point...

Dialogue: Defendant "Are you telling the court that we have not been living together?" Plaintiff, from the stand "I am saying that we are not living together because you are a liar and a thief and you have a drug problem!"

Reaction: Stifled laughter from the jury box, shoulders moving, a tear falls from the pain of suppression of a natural response.

GOLD! I ended Jury Duty with a wonderful day of pawn shop testimony and character assessing. Thank you Rock Hill Municipal Court!!

No comments: