Monday, December 05, 2005

Day 25 - paroled

I feel like either I was paroled, or maybe my sentence was commuted or maybe I'm just on probation - but the dr. sent me to the hospital again today and I didn't have to stay and have the baby! Just layed in the bed, stayed on monitors and did a few labs.

We had the same nurse who taught our childbirth class - she was nice and let me watch tv. We watched an episode of the Price is Right, which I hadn't seen in forever. It was pretty damn entertaining! It was only the 73rd time in Price is Right history that all 6 people won their little games - even the one where the guy in lederhosen is hiking up the mountain - I hate that game because the yodeling music is irritating and it's stressful to see him creeping up the mountain and coming so close to falling over! Bob Barker missed the putt on "hole in one" - it was the first time I've ever seen him miss - but he is looking pretty frail - like Montgomery Burns.

Well thank goodness no baby today - Richie and I were both like, cmon, just one more week, we'll be so much more ready in one more week!! So my next appt is next Monday. My blood pressure is still real high. I guess if the highlight is that I'm not getting induced today, the lowlight must be that I now have to do my FIFTH 24-hour urine test. AAAAAGH. If the results from that turn out worse than last time, then I guess I can expect to head back to the hospital tomorrow, this time for keeps.

The baby is looking well - she grew a bit from the last visit, which is why the dr. didn't really think it was necessary to induce this week. She is about 6 pounds right now based on the ultrasound measurements. And she's moving all the time, and her heartrate seems good. I'm already proud of her! I'm going to keep it pretty low key for the rest of the day - that means nap time!!

2 comments:

nikki webb said...

Glad to hear you've been granted a little more time. I've been checking this site all day waiting to see if I had a new little cousin or not! Is this decision now made on a day to day basis instead of a week to week basis? I guess I better check in tomorrow!

Amy said...

Thanks Nikki! If my lab tomorrow turns out ok, then I should be clear until next Monday.