Friday, August 15, 2008

but what kid doesn't like mosquitos?

I found an interesting blog lately, (for you crafty mom types) which mentioned an article in Best Life magazine of the 10 best and worst places to raise kids. Catch the article here. The blogger was complaining that wherever it was she grew up was on the worst place list and she didn't get why. So, although somewhat uninterested, I took a look at the lists. And - ding dang y'all - Cola is on the crap list.

(I'm not sure whether to proceed with a parody here or whether to get all reminisce-y about my childhood... still thinking.... there are a lot of possibilities here.... and... GO!)

It's Growing Up in Columbia Parody Time!!!

Why Columbia should be one of the ten BEST places to raise kids:
  1. Columbia is Famously Hot. (Now say it like you're Paris Hilton eating a cheeseburger)
  2. It's way more fun to be inside than outside anyway.
  3. Your skin doesn't get dried out when it's always 99% humid!
  4. Two words - Okra Strut (Meet me at the Kroger parking lot for the street dance!)
  5. Amazingly beautiful sculpture for the public to appreciate:

  6. Where else will you see hundreds of people a day wearing Cock paraphenalia (oh wait, I suppose that isn't too kid-friendly)
  7. Tennis lessons and summer school PE - both so fun when it's 100 outside
  8. Some cities have the ocean or the mountains - bump that - we got the Congaree SWAMP
  9. Columbia Marionette Theater - just like you'd guess - and kids never get tired of Pinocchio
  10. Hootie (I understand the minor league baseball team is now called the Blowfish?) What's more American than Hootie and the Blowfish - only Baseball!

No comments: