Oh where to start. It was so cliche - OL is talking and I can't respond because she's busy stabbing at my gums. OL gives the rhetorical you know's? and rights? and I'm grunting like Master P because the suction thing is clamped on my lip. I'll try to hit the highlights of topics that OL covered while I was reclined.
Her dad's a retired minister that still preaches 3 sermons each Sunday at 3 different churches within 30 miles of each other. He and her stepmom just bought a house in Rutherfordton and he's busy playing decorator. Her stepmom gave her some chairs they don't have room for and turns out her dad didn't want Wifey to give them away. So she gave them back. What a hoot. Her stepmom and sister do crossword puzzles but she doesn't like them. Her dad bought some kinda fireplace thing for the foyer that stepmom didn't like, but he won't put up shelves for her to display her holiday collectibles in the same foyer - not just Christmas village collectibles, but pretty much every other holiday apparently. It was more like a run-on sentence than a conversation or an actual story. I'm trying to tune her out and concentrate on the TV (thankfully there's a flat panel they position right over your head during the visit).
So here are the possibilities I've compiled to explain this behavior:
- OL recounts daily activity for every patient - it's just the luck of the draw whether you get to listen to an actual story or not.
- OL repeats the same information all day - these are items she's chosen specifically to talk about to pass the time while she's working. Like a script.
- OL is uncomfortable with silence. And the Merv Griffin's Crosswords counts as silence.

No comments:
Post a Comment