Friday, November 11, 2005

Day 1

So yesterday I laughed at the Dr. when she said I couldn't go to work anymore. I guess it's starting to sink in today, now that I'm at home instead of at work. Still seems kinda funny though. I wanted to name the blog 'ovaltine' since that is probably the only thing the same about my day today vs. yesterday but ovaltine was taken I guess. What am I going to do with all of this time? Dr. said I can use the bathroom, take a shower, make a sandwich, or sit on the couch and watch TV, as opposed to laying in bed all day. Ha! Yesterday after she told me that, I still had to go to work anyway to get my computer and wrap up some stuff and get some paperwork for short term disability. I'm glad my desk was already clean or else I would have had to do that too. I didn't change my voice mail recording or set up an out of office reply on my email - it will be funny to see how long it takes people to notice that I'm not around. I gave one of our auditors a packet of stuff and was like 'see you later' but I sure didn't tell her how much later. I guess it will be 4.5 months?? We'll see I guess. I am looking forward to all of this resting I'm supposed to get.

1 comment:

Ian Stewart said...

Stay away from the soap operas or you'll get hooked! Keep it on VH1 and you'll be fine.