Well I got sent back to the hospital again today. The first two times I was a much better patient. By the time they discharged me today, I was just ill. When we went for the Dr. appt today, everything again looked great with the baby, but my blood pressure was high. The Dr. called the hospital to see how my lab results were from the test I did on Saturday and it turns out they lost the damn thing (the thing in question being a quite large orange plastic jug with a red biohazard label on it and containing 24 hours worth of carefully collected urine). How do you lose that??? Well since they lost it, they didn't have the results so I had to go to the hospital for some extra lab tests and monitoring and to lie on my left side for another few hours. The nurse disappeared for like an hour and a half and I was beginning to wonder if she just forgot about me. Then the damn blood pressure machine had a malfunction and beeped incessantly for like 25 minutes - being only 2 feet from my head, it was for real driving me crazy. And since the nurse wasn't coming around, it just 'ding-dong-ding-dong'ed in long steady tones for quite awhile. I'm surprised my blood pressure turned out normal after all of that! All of my labs came back normal too. So I got discharged but now I have to fill another big orange plastic jug (4th time for this!) and turn it back in tomorrow. I'm waiting for this last hospital episode to seem less irritating and more funny - but it may take a few more days.
Okay but the good news is - no baby today and my next appt is not until next Monday. So as long as I don't have any crazy symptoms, then I get to sleep in for another week! I want to make it two more weeks really. I'll post some new ultrasound pictures when Richie scans them in.
Monday, November 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment