Economy SUX!! I think it's kinda a shock to the banker, insurance and trader types, however, us manufacturing peeps have been experiencing the downturn for quite a while. Well, actually I have only been working for my illustrious international automotive company for 4.8 years. But still, in those 4.8 years I've seen a few plant closures, corporate cuts, etc. Each time, I'd say the affected people pretty much saw it coming. But with this new meltdown, it seems like there are 10s of thousands of affected finance peeps that were just blindsided.
Today on Craigslist I saw there was a moving sale being held in my neighborhood. (On a Thurs night - strange!) So I got all curious and went by. I am the type that will have good intentions to shop a garage sale, but then I get bugged out by the people standing there watching you dislike their stuff, so I end up cruising by a couple times, trying to see what they have from the safety of my tinted windows, then driving home. This time I stopped on the 3rd driveby and said what the hell.
As I was standing there not liking the stuff, I asked the guy, so you're moving? That's what it said on Craigslist. He said "yes - actually - I work for AIG and you know it got kinda crazy this week... (Yeah, I'm thinking, like 80 billion crazy!!) And things are so uncertain, we're just going to sell the house and downsize and move to the beach, get a condo." Today is only freaking Thursday!! These people are so efficient.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment