1 - 90210. Wait, stick with me for a second! I saw this today on the PETA blog. It looks like the picture was taken during her "Colin" days, or possibly when she was about to get married to Brandon. Hehe

2 - Vegetarian-ism (nice segue)
I think I'm going to stop eating all meat again. Now I haven't been completely slack on this - it HAS been 13.8 years since I ate red meat, after all. (Okay there was ONE time when my mom came to visit after Lauren and I came home from the hospital and she made some kind of hash dish and I was too traumatized by the whole birthing thing to care - and it was kinda a nice reminder of growing up - you know a comfort food thing - but I swear no red meat since then or for 11.3 years before that. And I'm not quite sure on the last hot dog date, but I'm positive it was at least 15 years ago! I quit eating corn dogs, Oscar Mayer anything, and meat covered frozen pizzas in middle school. But lately I've been hitting up chicken a lil too much.
3 - The library (this all fits together, you'll see)
I love the library - I only got my library card about 8 months ago (sorry Mom!) but now I take Lauren every two weeks and get us both some books. So 2 weeks ago I read Skinny Bitch and was reminded of several things about the meat industry that I've known since high school but conveniently pushed into the dark caverns of my long term memory since ChikFilA chicken biscuits taste so damn good. So it got me thinking more about meat again and voila - no meat in 2 weeks. It's not too hard if you don't like most of it anyway.
4 - My Moleskine notebook
Sorry, journal that I didn't tell you first about the whole lifestyle change thing... I do love writing in you, really, with the lay-flat binding and beautiful paper. I even got a special acid-free black gel ink retractable ergonomic pen just for you. I don't let anyone else use this pen, even if they ask. Everyone should get a Moleskine. And don't forget you were the reason I got my first large purse EVER.

5 - Target
The selection of large purses this season is just amazing. I went in with good intentions to quickly buy a large purse so I could carry my fabulous journal everywhere, but then my overanalytical mind took over due to the ginormous selection, and I spent 20 minutes on the purse decision, much to Lauren's dismay. Guess what, my work laptop fits in it too.
In more Target awesomeness, gotta give a big shout out to the wall stickers. I got Lauren some new flowery sheets and they had some cute adhesive wall decals to match in bright pastel colored flowers and butterflies. Target is saving my painting arm on this one. A few years back, like 6, I painted what is now Lauren's room in a gorgeous shade of steel blue. The trim is Wildrow Wilson Putty (so not white, more like tan-ish putty). Even though I had a girl I couldn't motivate myself to paint over the hypeness I had previously chosen for the room. Enter wall decals... it's so girly in there now, even though her room is blue and putty. And she had a blast helping us put stickers all over the walls. And they're removable and re-stickable. I'm putting them on my top inventions list, although below Netflix and caller ID, they still fall above the Swiffer. They look sorta like this but way better - but so you get the idea:

Well that's about enough randomness for now. C ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment