Is that a Detroit nickname? Cuz that's where I'm going today, for 2 days. Here is what I know about Detroit:
Eminem, crooked Mayor (now ex-mayor), tons of foreclosures, road construction on 75, cold in the winter, watch out for Ron Artest LOL, automakers of course, and that's it. Almost forgot - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Kid Rock maybe also?
When I talk to my colleagues up there, they all readily admit that it's not so awesome, but also emphasize that they live in Auburn Hills, NOT DETROIT. But until Auburn Hills gets their own airport, I'm going to Detroit.
Also it's the first time I'm skipping town on Lauren - she doesn't seem to care - but I'll be sad :(
Holla!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I thought the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame was in Cleveland. I'm probably wrong. Its tough keeping up with current events and such...
according to wikipedia, the geezer is correct. not exactly a top vacation destination. I'm sure you'll find plenty of blog-worthy fodder, though!
Hmm Cleveland eh? bunch of hosers!
Perhaps what I liked best about Detroit was that the bridge from Detroit to Windsor Canada was called Bridge to Canada on the highway signs. How often is something called by its functional name, rather than, say, the Eisenhower Bridge or Reagan Airport?
I also liked it because prior to my arrival, I did not consult a map, and was wondering to myself if Detroit was close to Canada. Hey look - Bridge to Canada - we must be close!! Excellent.
Post a Comment