Tuesday, September 30, 2008

hooray okra

Didn't think you'd miss out on Okra Strut parade pictures did you? Lauren and Kylie were almost as excited as I was. Dad skipped out due to crowds as usual, but all was not lost, as he had some spectacular cheese biscuits waiting for us when we got home. Mom hadn't had enough coffee yet when we left and thus was not so enthused to attend, Jeff was off hunting or something, but Cara hung tough with me and the girls, Brett was there at the parade working, and Ryan was IN the parade. Witness...

Kids cracking out on candy - check

giant blow up okra - check

giant blow up police officer - check

real police officer (uncle brett) - check


little bro earning some badly needed credit for his government class - check


Yeah there were also cloggers, marching bands, tons of political candidates although only one was democrat (hmmmm... conspiracy on the part of the parade planning committee?), beauty queens, dance troupes, and a boatload of candy.
All I'm missing is a picture of my ginormously pregnant sister Cara - hello?? Can I get a pic of that belly?

2 comments:

Cara said...

Whats up with the random butt in yet another picture that I took. Hey atleast this one isn't wearing a swim suit. :)

Amy said...

LOL timing is everything