Friday, September 12, 2008

crockpot spaghetti = recipe for disaster

Ok - it took me a few years to get interested in the local paper... I was all uppity and subscribed to the Charlotte Observer instead. Once we started to care a little more about county council and schools and zoning and such, we started getting the Herald, which covers our little corner of SC. I have not missed the Observer, because they would not have carried the below story than ran in today's paper, or this one I blogged about a few months ago:

A Rock Hill woman was arrested this week after police say she threw a crockpot of spaghetti at her boyfriend. Tyler Schmitz told a deputy that he and his girlfriend, Tamika Collins, had a “misunderstanding” Wednesday night before she hurled a pot of spaghetti at his head inside their Lesslie Highway apartment, a York County Sheriff’s Office report stated. Schmitz said Collins then went outside and punched the windshield of his 1995 Ford Thunderbird, cracking the glass. Collins told the deputy that she didn’t intend to hit Schmitz with the crockpot, and he got in the way when the pasta-laden projectile struck him.
Schmitz, 28, had spaghetti sauce on his back and pants, but had no visible injuries, the report stated. Collins, 22, was charged with criminal domestic violence and damage to property.

BTW, how ridiculous is it that the author used the term "pasta-laden projectile"!!!! Is it more ridiculous than stating she didn't intend to hit him, but he got in the way? I'm glad the author also informed me of the sauce stains. I mean, I wouldn't have guessed at all. It is interesting however, that said sauce stains are on his back. Girlfriend is hardcore!!!

No comments: